Theory Structural Geology
This page provides pdf of structural geology lecture notes and class presentations to the MSc in Engineering Geology students. Click the title below to download lecture notes.
Class days: Every week Monday and Tuesday
Time: 8.30-9.30 Tuesday
- Fossen, H, (2010). Structural Geology. Cambridge University Press. 463p.
- Davis G.H. and Reynolds, S.J. (1996). Structural Geology, Rocks and Regions (Second Edition). John Wiley and Sons, INC.776 p.
- Hobbs, B. E., Means, W. D., and Williams, P. F. (1976). An Outline of Structural Geology. John Wiley and Sons, 571 p.
- McClay, K. R. (1987). The Mapping of Geological Structures, John Wiley and Sons Inc., 161 p.
- Ragan, D. M. (1985). Structural Geology, An Introduction to Geometrical Techniques, 3rd edition, John Wiley and Sons Inc., 393 p.
- Marshak and Mitra. Basic methods of structural geology
- Suppe J. (1985). Principles of Structural Geology. Prentice-Hall, Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey, 537p.
Lecture notes, homeworks and presentations, links will appear to click after lecture day.
- Lecture 1- Tectonics 1, pdf of Class ppt: click here
- Lecture 2 - Tectonics 2, pdf of Class ppt: click here
- Lecture 3 - Stereographic Projection, ppt: click here
- Lecture 4 - Stress 1, pdf of class ppt: click here
- Lecture 5 - Stress 2, pdf of class ppt: click here
- Lecture 6 - Stress 3, pdf of class ppt: click here
- Lecture 7 - Faulting and thrusting, pdf of class ppt: click here
- Lecture 8 - Strain, ppt click here
- Lecture 9 - Engineering Geology of Nepal, class ppt, click here
Visit Structural Geology Practical.